The Best Home Warranty Companies and How to Choose a Plan
If you’re a homeowner, you know no matter how new or old something is, eventually it will need repairs. This is the price of owning a home and yet, it can be an overwhelming expense if you’re not prepared for it. Appliances don’t last forever, and with everyday wear and tear, they will eventually stop working, so what can you do about it?
Many financial experts suggest setting aside a savings account simply for home maintenance. Every year, setting aside 1% of the purchase price of your home is recommended for home repairs. This may not seem like much, but if you bought a $350,000 home, that’s $3,500 per year — simply for home repairs or replacements. Instead of planning to pay for unexpected repairs and replacements, consider buying a home warranty.
Home protection warranties cover what home insurance policies don’t. With a home warranty, you simply pay a one-time annual fee and get the protection you need to ensure that covered broken appliances or systems will be repaired at no additional cost to you.
But how do you know which are the best home warranty companies? And what should you be looking for in a coverage plan? We explain the factors that go into a home warranty plan, what you should consider and why might need one.
When you’re ready to get your free quote from Choice Home Warranty, fill out the form or call (848) 256-4657.
The Best Home Warranty: What to Look for
Ideally, you want to save money on expensive repairs, so finding an affordable coverage plan is key, but what else should you consider? To choose the best home warranty plan for your home, you should take the following factors into consideration:
- Coverage options—Does the plan cover everything you want covered? If you have a pool and want it covered under your home warranty, you may have to pay for more than just the basic plan.
- Fees—How much are you willing to pay monthly or annually?
- Discounts and benefits—Are there are any incentives or discounts when you sign up with one plan versus another?
- Customer service—Does the home warranty company have a 24/7 hotline for claims? Is the company quick and reliable?
- Service fee—Each time you request a service, even if it’s over the phone, there is a service fee, so you’ll want to know how much it is.
- Experience—How long has the warranty company been around, and do they work with specialized technicians?
Once you answer these questions, you can start figuring out which home warranty companies match your needs. Choice Home Warranty, for instance, offers specialized plans and works with a dedicated team, including experienced specialists to ensure stellar service.