FAQ: Choice Home Warranty Reviews and Information
Why do people choose Choice Home Warranty?
Our home warranty company provides customers with many advantages, including:
- A free quote
- Your first month free when you sign up for a single payment plan
- Local, timely and professional service technicians**
- Affordable and flexible coverage plans*
- Customer service that’s available around the clock
- Positive Choice Home Warranty reviews from customers
- No home inspection required
- High ratings from customer review sites
- 30-day cancellation policy to ensure customer satisfaction
Is Choice Home Warranty a leader in the industry?
With more than 10 years in the home warranty industry, we believe in prioritizing customer satisfaction, which is why we’ve built a large network of qualified professionals to best service you. Covering more than 45 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, we prioritize our customers. Some providers only offer systems plans or appliances plans, but we ensure that our most basic plan offers a combination of your major home items.
What is a home warranty?
A home warranty protection plan is not the same as homeowners insurance. With homeowners insurance, you are protected from theft and damage to your home (from circumstances like a fire). Home insurance also protects the homeowner from general liability should someone get injured at the home. Home warranty plans are service contracts that provide system or appliance repairs and replacements, due to everyday wear and tear.*
How does a home warranty protection plan work?
If you have a home warranty plan, and your covered appliance or home system stops working, initiate a claim. As a provider, we have a network of companies and experienced service technicians who work in your area. The technician will assess the problem and either fix, repair or recommend replacement of your covered system or appliance.* Costs vary depending on the items you select to cover, so make sure to read the details of your home service contract. Call (848) 256-4657 to speak with one of our representatives.
How much does a home warranty plan cost?
The cost of a home protection plan varies and depends on:
- Your provider
- Your plan or level of coverage
- Where you live
- The type of home you own
- What items you want covered
Choice Home Warranty protection plans start at about as $1 per day. Fill out our form for a free quote today.
What is the service fee for Choice Home Warranty?
Home warranty providers charge a fee for service calls. With Choice Home Warranty, you will pay an upfront, nominal service call fee. That fee is paid directly to the service technician at your home. Many competitors charge more than we do, with service fees sometimes being as high as $125.
When does coverage begin?
Coverage starts 30 days after the acceptance of your application and the receipt of your applicable contract fee. The contract will continue for 365 days following that date.
How do you log into your account?
Visit our Home Warranty Account Management Center to log in. All you need is your email address and your home warranty policy number to get access to your account.
How do you file a claim?
With customer service available 24/7, you can make a claim in the online account center anytime.
What can you expect with Choice Home Warranty?
After you’ve purchased a home warranty plan with Choice Home Warranty, the process is simple:
- You submit a claim as soon as a covered system or appliance stops working or breaks down. If you make a service call and the part isn’t covered, you’ll still have to pay the fee so avoid making the call if you know it can’t be fixed by the provider.
- Choice Home Warranty will then contact a service professional in your area.
- You’ll pay a one-time service fee and receive a visit from a professional who will address the issue and determine if a repair or replacement is needed.
- Reimbursement will be determined on your coverage plan, so make sure you read the details of your contract to know what’s covered.