What is not covered by a home warranty?
These are some of the items your home warranty does not cover:
- Appliances that are not located inside your home (or attached or detached garage)
- Known or unknown pre-existing conditions
- A home that is also used as a business
- Cosmetic defects or routine maintenance
- Hazardous or toxic materials including but not limited to mold, lead paint or asbestos
- Conditions caused by chemical or sedimentary build up, rust or corrosion, mildew, mold, misuse or abuse, failure to clean or maintain as specified by the equipment manufacturer, missing parts, structural changes
- Issues caused by fire, freezing, electrical failure or surge, water damage, lightening, mud, earthquake, soil movement, soil settlement, settling of home, storms, accidents, pest damage, acts of God (i.e. floods, hail, wildfires, etc.) or failure due to excessive or inadequate water pressure
- Repairs related to inadequacy (for example, improper installation, mismatched systems, oversized systems, undersized systems, previous repair or design, manufacturer’s defect or any modification to the system or appliance)
What happens if my appliance or system cannot be repaired?
If your covered appliance or system cannot be repaired, Choice Home Warranty will replace it.*
How long does a home warranty last?
With Choice Home Warranty, your warranty coverage starts exactly 30 days after you have officially been approved for a warranty and the coverage will last exactly one year (365 days).
What is the difference between a manufacturer’s warranty and a home warranty?
A manufacturer’s warranty typically lasts one to two years and comes with a new system or appliance. You cannot get a manufacturer’s warranty on an older system or appliance. Though most cover repairs for defective materials, they don’t always include labor costs, and these can really add up. An electrician, for example, costs an average of $318 per project.
A home warranty, in contrast, is a service contract that offers many perks. You can purchase a home warranty at any time during a system or appliance’s lifetime and pay for one plan that covers multiple items, from a built-in microwave to a clothes dryer. With the right home warranty provider, you also get access to a network of expert professionals who are available at all times to assist with your claim.
Choice Home Warranty: The Best Warranty in the Business
If you do a home warranty price comparison, you’ll see that Choice Home Warranty offers two of the most comprehensive plans in the business, the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. Once you’ve chosen your plan, be sure to go over the additional coverage options. You can add these to your plan on an opt-in basis, which means you can customize your plan to meet your specific needs.
Coverage Options at Choice Home Warranty
The Total Plan is the most comprehensive option available through Choice Home Warranty. It covers all the basic home appliances and systems, plus several high-price appliances and systems.
In all, the Total Plan through Choice Home Warranty offers coverage for the following systems and appliances: