Indiana has a total population of over 6.6 million, with a total land mass of only about 36,418 square miles. It is the 38th largest state in the United States but is 16th in the nation in terms of population density. There are approximately 181 residents per square mile in Indiana.
The population is expected to exceed seven million by the year 2030. Choice Home Warranty has been serving the growing needs of Indiana’s Hoosiers with added protection and peace of mind for some time.
With a population of over 36,000, the city is large enough to offer major conveniences like shopping, dining, and entertainment, but small enough to provide a quieter atmosphere.
Your home being perhaps the biggest investment you’ve made, protecting home systems and appliances should be a priority. With the changing climate in Indiana, your appliances and systems can experience breakdowns and failures often. This is why you need the services of Choice Home Warranty for all-around protection.
Protect Your Indiana Home and Appliances
The median home value in Indiana is $119,100, representing appreciating home values of over 4 percent in the last decade. The median home here is 40 years old. Around this age, you can expect your house to need a good number of repairs, depending on how attentive its maintenance has been.
Even appliances that don’t break that often like furnaces will have undergone at least one, if not two, replacements in this amount of time. Other household appliances like your dishwasher, microwave oven, and refrigerator may not last much more than a decade.
Getting coverage from Choice Home Warranty allows you to plan for the future safely. If you own an older home, many of your major systems and appliances could be reaching the end of their life expectancy. Systems may begin to break down. Knowing you will be able to keep your home’s systems and appliances in working order will give you much-needed peace of mind.
This is especially so if you have your home up for sale. A home warranty from Choice Home Warranty will protect your systems and appliances while your house is on the market. You won’t have to worry about the added expense of repairs or costly replacements during this already stressful time.
Also, having a home warranty can increase your home’s marketability. Approximately 80 percent of people looking to buy a home would rather have one with a home warranty already in place.
With so many older homes on the market in Indiana, wouldn’t you want extra protection for your home’s critical systems and appliances if you were to buy one? Think about that. Buying a house is a major investment.
You wouldn’t want to have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on repairs or replacements of major systems and appliances right after you bought one. An Indiana home warranty could protect you from such a financial disaster.
Not only must you take the age of your home into consideration, but also the types and frequency of use. As the adage goes, nothing lasts forever. With every sports season, comes the heavy washing of the kids’ team uniforms. When the scorching hot summer arrives, that air conditioning takes a beating.
Then, we welcome the Ole’ Man Winter and keep the heat going to keep us toasty. It is these yearly cycles, along with odd occurrences, that place strain on our household equipment. Take steps to make sure nothing interrupts your valued appliances and systems.
As an Indiana resident, you may be prone to sudden power outages. If you are a sports fan, an electrical system issue is the last thing you want in the middle of baseball season or when you’re watching your favorite program.
To make matters worse, imagine you have family and friends over the house while you are cooking and experience an oven or microwave breakdown. Having such appliances act up is not only inconvenient, but can also be a drain on resources. Your Indiana home warranty will take care of needed repairs, or even a replacement if repair won’t do.
Now, onto the left-overs? You need your refrigerator to be in top condition as well. With our Total Plan, you’ll get additional coverage for appliances like your refrigerator, clothes washer, and clothes dryer.
New refrigerators, with all the efficiencies and digital advancements, can easily cost more than $3,000 for a double door model, depending on the type you choose.
Having coverage with us takes the worry out of owning older appliances, mostly because you don’t have to be concerned with having your entire savings or emergency account wiped out by a single repair or replacement.
Since Indiana sees temperatures at both ends of the spectrum, both heating and cooling are important to everyday life. The average January low in Indiana is 19.5 degrees, while the average July high is nearly 85. A Basic Plan will cover your duct work and heating system to keep you warm in the coldest part of the year.
For added protection in summer, consider upgrading to a Total Plan that will offer coverage for your air conditioner as well. With two plans to choose from, as well as add-on coverage, customizing coverage for your home is a breeze.
Your Choice Home Warranty coverage includes:
|Covered Items*||Total Plan||Basic Plan|
|Air Conditioning System|
|Oven / Range / Stove|
|Garage Door Opener|
|Ceiling and Exhaust Fans|
|Pool / Spa||Well Pump||Sump Pump|
|Central Vacuum||Limited Roof Leak||Septic System|
|Second Refrigerator||Stand Alone Freezer||Septic Tank Pumping|
Why is a Home Warranty Necessary in Indiana?
Homes in Indiana are susceptible to a variety of severe weather conditions, which your homeowner’s insurance assists with, should you need it. The state has many major rivers and tributaries that can make flooding a risk in certain areas. The state is also vulnerable to tornadoes.
Your home warranty steps in days of the year where daily use and age take its toll on your home appliances and major systems. Many issues not covered by your homeowner’s insurance would fall under the protection of a home warranty.
Breakdowns caused by normal wear and tear on your systems and appliances never occur at convenient times. In rural parts of the state, coverage for the following items can provide a wealth of relief:
- Septic systems
- Sump pumps
- Well pumps
All are available as add-ons for your home warranty.
Many Indiana homes have basements. These are great for T.V. and game rooms and can also provide a great spot for your stand-alone freezer, second refrigerator, or washer and dryer. But, it may also expose these appliances to conditions like extreme temperatures and moisture that can cause them to age faster than normal.
A home warranty from Choice covers not only repairs, but in some cases also full replacement of such appliances*. Remember that your washer and dryer are covered under the Total Plan, which gives you all the benefits of the Basic Plan too.
Many people keep their stand-alone freezer stocked with food for future use. After all, that’s why you invested in it. If it suddenly stopped working, you might not have anywhere to store its contents. But, with optional coverage for your stand-alone freezer, you wouldn’t have to worry, because you’d be covered.
The coverage for second refrigerators is also optional, but that’s what makes Choice Home Warranty plans so convenient. You can tailor them to your individual needs. You can even add on your pool, spa or central vacuum system if you want to. You decide what coverage is most important to you.
How Do Indiana Home Warranties Work?
An Indiana home warranty makes it fast, easy, and affordable for you to get repairs and replacements for important appliances and systems in your home.
If you’re having trouble with an appliance or system that’s covered on your home warranty plan, simply contact Choice Home Warranty for help. Getting in touch with a qualified repair professional is easy. You will soon receive a call from a technician who can assist with your repair needs.
We have technicians who can do the repair on staff, so you don’t have to call around and get quotes. All our service providers are highly rated, licensed and fully insured. And, they must pass Choice Home Warranty’s rigorous hiring process before they are ever sent to your home. This ensures the highest degree of satisfaction for your home repairs.
Most Indiana home warranty plans have a small one-time service fee for your initial visit. After that, all covered home repairs are on Choice Home Warranty. This makes it easy to plan for repairs, with just a moderate sum in your emergency fund for home maintenance.
If your technician determines that the appliance cannot be repaired, your Indiana home warranty may cover a complete replacement, free of charge*. With the right home warranty in place, you can rest assured that all your critical home care and maintenance needs are covered at a reasonable rate.
This can be particularly helpful with older homes where major systems and appliances are reaching the end of their lifespan.
Thanks to flexible plans from Choice Home Warranty, you can get exactly the coverage you need. Whether you want to stick to the basics or include add-ons with your plan, you’ll find that their level of protection can work for you.
Procedure of Making a Claim
If your system or appliance breaks down, this is the right procedure to make a claim:
- Call Choice Home Warranty 24/7 365 days a year to initiate and file your claim
- With your claim initiated, we will send a service contractor to do some diagnosis.
- The contractor gives his report, indicating whether the item should be repaired or replaced fully. You will need to pay a service fee for this.
- Once your claim has been approved, our contractor undertakes the process. You also have the liberty to choose your own contractor to work on the items.
Benefits of Having a Home Warranty
Your home perhaps being your biggest investment, there are quite a lot of benefits to enjoy from making this important decision. Here are some of the benefits to buyers and sellers who choose to have Choice Home Warranty cover their properties.
Benefits to Buyer
The buyer enjoys the following benefits:
- Protection – a home warranty helps in providing protection against unbudgeted, unexpected and probably costly repairs and replacements of major components and appliances that break down from normal wear and tear.*
- Convenience – the company assigns a contractor who handles all the repair or replacement tasks. This alleviates you from spending time and concerns of searching for a reliable professional.
- Reliable services – Choice Home Warranty provides 24/7 services. This means that they are available to diagnose and work on your property any time of the day.
Benefits to Seller
Property sellers enjoy the following benefits:
- Homes listed under a home warranty are likely to be sold quickly and pricier compared to those not listed under warranty.
- Warranted homes eliminate the thought of doubt from the buyer about the state of the property being sold.
- Sellers escape the liability of after-sales services after the property has been bought.
- Choice Home Warranty covers appliances and systems that may fail during the period of listing, especially if they need some repair or replacement.
- The seller has a guarantee that home systems and appliances with unseen or unknown defects during purchase are covered.
Real estate agents selling a home under warranty
Real estate agents selling warranted homes benefit in the following ways:
- These professionals will have a better competitive edge when it comes to selling a home under warranty.
- The agents can justify the high-cost price tag on the house through providing evidence of coverage.
- Warranties always make a good business. Real estate investors always build some trust with agents who sell homes with warranties.
- Homes under warranty always sell faster compared to homes with no coverage. This significantly reduces the listing period.
Homeowners with home warranty
For homeowners who have taken Choice Home Warranty cover, they experience the following benefits:
- Protection of home systems and appliances from unexpected breakdown or failure.
- Access to our in-house customer service team
- No home inspection required
- Access to our pool of experienced contractors
- Access to various coverage options
- Money back guarantee for up to 30 days
- Limitless age limit for home appliances, systems, and equipment
- Access to online home warranty upgrades, payment, confirmation, claims and more
Indiana Home Warranty Cost
Your contract becomes valid 30 days after initial purchase. Payments can be done on a monthly or annual basis. Regardless of the payment strategy, systems and appliances covered are grouped into various categories with varying prices. The categories include:
- Kitchen and laundry – covered items include refrigerator, washer, dishwasher, and dryer.
- Basic home built-ins – they include water heater, central air heating, and cooling systems.
- Full house coverage – includes refrigerator, dryer, washer, heating and cooling systems, water heater and range.
- Full house plus – include range, heating and cooling systems, dishwasher, water heater refrigerator, washer, dryer, in-bound water pipes and electrical systems.
Apart from these, there are optional plans that cover for your desired systems and appliances. You can always consult the company and negotiate on the pricing for each category.
Getting the Most from Choice Home Warranty
Since you are paying for the coverage, there are several guidelines to look into to ensure that you get the most from our coverage. Some of the essential aspects include:
- Installation and maintenance – you ought to ascertain that homebuilders or technicians properly install your home systems and appliances.
- Always call Choice Home Warranty first – if your appliance breaks down, always call us first before reaching out to a technician. Choice will send qualified personnel to do the inspection and ascertain your claim.
- Check coverage limits – if a system or appliance breaks down at home, begin by checking your warranty coverage to be sure that the item is included in your coverage.
- Take warranty for multiple items – it is prudent to take home warranty coverage for multiple items. With this, if one fails, you can always use the other item before our technician arrives to diagnose and fix the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a homeowners insurance. Is there any need of having a home warranty?
Yes. Homeowners insurance is more of hazard insurance that only covers items damaged by floods, wind, fire and other natural disasters. On the other hand, home warranty repairs and replaces household items and appliances that break down due to normal wear and tear. That said, both complement each other but can’t be substituted for one another.
My household mechanical systems and appliances are quite aged. Can they be covered?
Yes. The age of your systems and appliances doesn’t really matter. Choice Home Warranty covers items of any age, provided they are in good working condition and properly maintained.
Is home inspection necessary before taking a warranty?
Not really. However, it is always good to inspect your house to ensure that the systems and appliances are in good working condition. Besides, the contract doesn’t cover unknown pre-existing problems.
When does coverage begin and end?
Like most home warranty companies, coverage starts 30 days after enrolment and payment of the applicable contract fees. The coverage continues for one year from the start date.
If the damaged item requires replacement, but the replacement unit isn’t available, what happens?
If we do not find an appropriate replacement unit, Choice Home Warranty offers a cash payment that equals the replacement cost.*
What happens if I sell my house while warranty is still in effect?
For such cases, any remaining coverage will be transferred to the new buyer at no cost. The buyer will remain covered for the remaining period left on the contract. The new owner will also have an option of renewing the contract at the end of the period.
How do you rate your service providers?
Choice Home Warranty selects the best service providers. The selection process is done through an internal process, that takes into consideration several factors. We consider professionalism, repair or replacement pricing, reviews, and availability of the service provider among other factors.
Is Home Warranty Necessary?
Many people aren’t home improvement experts. Similarly, not everyone enjoys undertaking frequent maintenance tasks associated with being a homeowner.
However, with some guidance from these experts, you can keep your home in good shape all year long. Similarly, you will have peace of mind knowing that your items are covered from unforeseen failures and breakdowns.