As one of the most populous cities in the United States, right behind New York and Los Angeles, Chicago is a bustling and constantly growing real estate market. The city itself is home to more than 9 million people, and is recognized as an international hub of transportation, finance, industry, technology, and more.
Recently, Chicago has transformed into a seller’s market, particularly in the city’s western suburbs. This is great news for sellers who are ready to offload properties, and a challenge for potential homeowners who are looking to buy. Whatever situation you find yourself in, there’s one thing for sure: you’ll need a great Realtor to lead the way.
We’ve identified 15 of Chicago’s top real estate agents. These are Realtors who have extensive experience, great customer service records, and the ability to make any real estate transaction go smoothly. They understand Chicago’s neighborhoods and real estate market, and are ready to offer excellent service to clients whether they’re buying or selling.
Our top picks for Chicago real estate agents are listed in no particular order, but we’d love to know which Realtor you think is the best. Be sure to vote in our poll at the bottom of this post to tell us which agent is the very best Chicago has to offer!
- Tommy Choi: Co-founder of Weinberg Choi Realty, Tommy Choi is an excellent Realtor serving both buyers and sellers in the residential real estate market. Clients say that Choi is talented, honest, and is very understanding of their needs. He is a leader in the Chicago real estate market, holding positions including Chicago Association of Realtors director, chairman of the 2012 Chicago Association of Realtors Young Professional Network Advisory Board, and social media chair on the executive committee of the 2012 Gateway Green Associated Board.
- Ron Abrams: As the managing broker of Silver Property Group, Rob Abrams has more than 16 years of experience in real estate, and more than 20 years as a licensed attorney in Illinois. Abrams is a current board member of the Chicago Association of Realtors, and he serves on a number of committees for the Illinois Association of Realtors. He is frequently called on as a real estate expert by news outlets including NPR radio, The Wall Street Journal, and the Chicago Tribune.
- Sam Shaffer: Sam Shaffer is a Chicagoland expert, and is recognized in the top 1% of producers by the Chicago Association of Realtors for 2013. Clients love that Shaffer can turn what might be a stressful experience into a calm, effortless process. They say he is reliable, honest, knowledgeable, and hard working, and he is well connected to a network of photographers, contractors, and legal experts that can help with the process of buying or selling a home.
- Adam Wavrunek: Founder of Domain Realty, Adam Wavrunek is recognized as a top producer by the Chicago Association of Realtors, and is considered to be among the top 1% of the association’s members. Wavrunek offers his clients a high degree of expertise, and a strong understanding of Chicago’s distinct neighborhoods. His clients appreciate that he is knowledgeable, straightforward, and always ready to get things done. They say that he goes above and beyond to make sure that transactions go off without a hitch, and is attentive to the needs of his clients.
- Greg Cirone: Greg Cirone works tirelessly to make sure his clients receive the service and real estate outcomes they expect — and it shows. He is among the top 1% of Realtors in the Chicago area, recognized by the Chicago Association of Realtors as a top producer. Cirone operates on an always-on basis, making himself available 24/7/365 to clients, who say that he offers excellent customer service and is ready to go above and beyond to satisfy his clients. He does a great job of answering questions, offering suggestions, and is happy to go out of his way to schedule last minute showings and take care of his clients.
- BJ Tregoning: As co-owner and real estate consultant with Organic Realty, BJ Tregoning has extensive knowledge in real estate — and not just in buying and selling. Tregoning has experience in appraising and analyzing market value, negotiating, even carpentry and plumbing. Clients appreciate his background in appraisal and remodeling, as this experience gives him the innate ability to identify good investments (as well as not so good ones).
- Michael Vrielink: Chicago Real Estate Artists co founder and managing broker Michael Vrielink is among the top producing Realtors in the Chicago market. He is recognized among the top 1% of Realtors in Chicago, a distinction Vrielink has earned on more than one occasion. Vrielink is one of the leading residential brokers for Chicago’s downtown and lakefront neighborhoods, but clients throughout the Chicago area enjoy his expertise and attention to detail. Clients say that he is tech savvy, always accessible, and extremely helpful even when working with difficult purchases.
- Lonny Miller: A short sale specialist, Lonny Miller is the go-to guy for short sale sellers in the Chicago area. He has closed more than 200 short sales since 2012, and is in the top 1% of Chicago Realtors. As a short sale expert, Miller is available to support sellers of underwater properties, and is known for making what can be a difficult process smooth and painless. Clients appreciate that he is careful to explain details completely, is quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and is incredibly knowledgeable about the short sale process.
- Greg Nagel: Greg Nagel is a customer service fanatic who settles for nothing less than raving fans of his business. Nagel is committed to working twice as hard and use his skills and experience to guide clients out of bad deals, offer fierce negotiation, organize property rehabs, and more. Clients say that Greg is a straightforward Realtor who isn’t afraid to tell you what you need to hear — not necessarily what you want to hear. He has excellent knowledge of the market, great negotiation skills, and makes transactions fast and easy.
- TJ Rubin: With a background in law and experience as a landlord, TJ Rubin is an outstanding real estate broker with a strong understanding of the entire real estate buying and selling process. Rubin is frequently recognized as a Chicago Association of Realtors top producer in residential sales and leasing, and is often a featured Chicago real estate expert in publications including Chicago Magazine, Chicago Tribune, and NBC Chicago. Clients recognize Rubin as detailed, courteous, knowledgeable, and highly available.
- Stacy Karel: Stacy Karel specializes in Chicago condos, and her passion for real estate shows. She is an Accredited Staging Professional, and an expert for making your home ready to show and sell. It’s clear to Karel’s clients that she enjoys listening to their needs and finding the very best deal through her knowledge and negotiation skills. Her clients appreciate her willingness to answer questions, negotiate, find the perfect listings, and refer qualified inspectors, contractors, and more.
- Jim Flanders: Jim Flanders with Alliance Realty specializes in real estate transactions for buyers and sellers, as well as property management for clients. Clients say that Flanders offers excellent insight, and is punctual, professional, and easy to work with. They appreciate his patience and commitment to exceptional service. Flanders is especially appreciated by his property management clients, who are happy to report that they get their rental income and statements each month with an auto payment without having to deal with headaches like complaints, contracts, and calls from renters.
- David Nadler: As managing broker for City Ranch Real Estate in Chicago, David Nadler specializes in luxury leasing and sales on Chicago’s North Shore. Nadler has extensive experience as a city resident, tenant, homeowner, and landlord, in addition to his experience as a real estate professional. He is careful to pay attention to client needs, and is honored to be trusted by clients making very personal home decisions. Clients share that he is patient, responsive, to the point and efficient. He is able to close the deal, and get his clients a good deal, whether they’re buying or selling.
- Seth Captain: Seth Captain, also known as Captain Realty, is a dedicated buyer’s agent who prides himself on his knowledge of Chicago. He has a strong understanding of the personality of the city’s neighborhoods and blocks, and is the ultimate real estate matchmaker for Chicago buyers. Clients love that Captain offers extensive personal attention, patience, and willingness to go the extra mile to make them happy. He is especially well suited for buyers interested in urban living that goes beyond cookie cutter or conventional condos.
- Bridget Carroll: As leader of The Carroll Group, Bridget Carroll is an experienced and talented Chicago Realtor who prides herself on being an advocate for her clients. She works with many first time buyers, and enjoys helping her clients navigate the sometimes roller coaster ride of real estate with aplomb. Her commitment to excellence shows: Carroll has been recognized as a top producer by the Chicago Association of Realtors every year since 2007. Carroll’s clients report that she is incredible to work with, and immediately puts them at ease as a dedicated, dependable, and honest agent.