Want to renovate or repair your home? You can find lots of advice and inspiration on Twitter. Experts, fellow home owners, professional publications, and more all offer regular updates on DIY projects, woodworking plans, home repairs, and other home improvements. Follow these leading home improvement Twitter accounts to get the latest ideas and inspiration.
Experts & Bloggers
Home improvement TV and radio hosts, professionals, and top DIY bloggers share their insight on Twitter.
- @thisoldplumber: Richard Trethewey is a plumbing and heating expert on This Old House and Ask This Old House. Follow him for updates from the show, DIY projects, and smart solutions.
- @helfystyle: Adam Helfman is a home improvement expert and radio host. Follow him for tips and advice on hiring the help you need to get home improvement projects done.
- @KayleenMcCabe: Kayleen McCabe is the host of DIY’s Rescue Renovation and a licensed contractor. Follow her for renovation tips, DIY ideas, and more.
- @JulianCassell: Follow Julian Cassell, UK DIY expert and author. He shares advice and updates on all aspects of home improvement from how to use tools, choosing the right tool for the job, important steps to take in DIY projects, and more.
- @benhillmantv: Ben Hillman is an interior design expert, TV presenter, property guru, home designer, self builder, and DIY expert. Follow him to learn everything about home improvement and the great indoors.
- @carmendelapaz: Carmen De La Paz is a DIY expert and TV host carpenter on Home Made Simple. Her expertise as a designer, carpenter, woodturner, decorative painter, welder, and stone/tile/glass artist is an excellent resource for taking on projects of your own.
- @TomSilvaTOH: Tom Silva is general contractor of This Old House and Ask This Old House. Follow him to learn about the show and homes Silva is working on.
- @moneypit: Follow along with The Money Pit, a nationally syndicated home improvement radio show and podcast. Hosts Tom Kraeutler and Leslie Segrete help home owners improve their homes and perform expert repairs.
- @em_henderson: Emily Henderson is an HGTV host and designer. Follow her for home design, style, and inspiration.
- @AtHomeSullivan: Gary Sullivan is the host of America’s largest home improvement radio show, At Home with Gary Sullivan. He has been on the air for more than 30 years sharing advice for home improvement ranging from building decks to preparing your home for storms.
- @Make_It_Right: Mike Holmes, host of Home Free on Fox, Holmes on Homes, Holmes Inspection, and Holmes Makes It Right on HGTV is active on Twitter. He offers advice for making changes to your home — and doing it right.
- @joannagaines: Joanna Gaines is co host of HGTV’s Fixer Upper along with her husband Chip Gaines. She’s also a renovator, designer, and owner of Magnolia. Get inspired by her updates on Twitter.
- @chippergaines: Husband of Joanna Gaines, Chip Gaines shares updates from the show along with home improvement and renovation ideas.
- @BobVila: America’s Handyman Bob Vila always offers fresh tips, insights, and projects for home improvement.
- @nicolecurtis: Host of HGTV’s Rehab Addict, Nicole Curtis specializes in rehabbing historic homes.
Love to make furniture and other wood projects — or want to? Follow these woodworking enthusiasts on Twitter to find plans and their latest projects.
- @GotWoodWrkshop: Matt at the Got Wood Workshop features wood shop tips and projects, wood burned signs, decor, and more.
- @WoodworkingBiz: Follow the Woodworking Network to stay up to date on the latest in wood product manufacturing including cabinets, furniture, interiors, and closets.
- @SawdustSisters: Janice is author of Sawdust Sisters, a DIY blog featuring novice woodworking and home decor. She believes in building, making, decorating, and renovating.
- @diyhuntress: The @diyhuntress is a DIY blogger and woodworker. She features free project plans and inspiration for ideas around the home.
- @wood_brew: Woodbrew is a husband and wife team, Dylan and Molly. Together, they share woodworking and other fun features including using and fixing tools, kid furniture, and home projects.
- @thedustylife: Brian McCauley, Kyle Toth, and Sean Rubino host The Dusty Life Podcast. They cover woodworking, home improvement, making furniture, and more.
- @drunkenwood: David Picciuto is passionate about woodworking and shares tutorials, tips, and new woodworking projects every week.
- @MattLaneWoodShp: Matt Lane builds wood pieces as a hobby and shares his videos online as he goes. Projects include custom art frames, tables, beds, and more.
- @WoodWorkLife: WoodWorkLife is a fine woodworking and lifestyle hub sharing projects, tools, and woodworking videos.
- @Saws_on_Skates: Scott at Saws on Skates eats, sleeps, and occasionally bleeds sawdust. You can follow him for smart furniture, adventures, and DIY plans that offer big impact — even in a small space.
- @JET_Woodworking: This woodworking supplier shares tips for woodworking, interesting designs, and tools at work.
- @Glued_n_Screwed: The Glued-N-Screwed Blog is a resource for 20 to 30 somethings learning about woodworking and DIY home repair and improvement.
- @mrrwmccullough: This blogger features DIY projects for beginners made easy, project inspiration photos, and more.
- @WoodAndShop: Joshua Farnsworth regularly posts tutorials featuring the ancient trade of handtool woodworking.
- @FixThisBuildTht: Brad in Nashville offers help with woodworking and DIY projects along with plans and tools. Stay up to date on his latest projects on Twitter.
You’d be surprised how much you can DIY around your home from design and decor to major renovation projects. See what these Twitter users are DIYing around the house and find out how they’re doing it.
- @MyFixitUpLife: My Fix it Up Life geeks out over home, tools, color, design, and DIY. Follow Theresa and Mark on their show to learn what they’re DIYing and which projects they’re interested.
- @HandymansDaught: Handyman’s Daughter is a DIY blogger, home improvement addict, and amateur woodworker in Seattle.
- @mrfixitdiy: Aaron Massey is a DIY guide, handyman, and home improvement blogger. See his latest fixes and projects here on Twitter.
- @DIYDoctor: @DIYDoctor is a free online DIY information resource. Get daily home improvement updates, find expert building advice, and ask questions to improve your home the DIY way.
- @misterbuildit: Mr. Buildit is a creative handyman blogger. He is passionate about helping people build projects instead of buy them.
- @kimmboes: Kimm at Reinvented is a home decor and DIY blogger. Follow her for DIY decor projects and trash to treasure ideas.
- @mdprojects2: Vicki and Steph are a mother daughter team of home owners who love working on projects together. Follow them to see their home projects and inspiration.
- @katiegoldsworth: Creatively Living is a design and DIY junkie source for making what you want for less.
- @buildlikeachick: This wife and mom isn’t afraid to tackle big DIY projects — including building furniture from scratch. She often builds tables, bookcases, and more.
- @virginiastblog: Life on Virginia Street features DIY projects, home decor, and more. See how to stain furniture, create abstract art, and other DIY projects for the home.
- @LazyGuyDIY: Learn about the laid back approach to home repair, woodworking, and building stuff for fun from @LazyGuyDIY.
- @HomeFixated: Home Fixated is a leading resource for home improvement and tools. Follow Home Fixated for helpful tips, reviews, and even free stuff for home improvement.
- @TipsHome: @TipsHome is all about home improvement. Follow along to find home improvement tips, news, and more.
- @littleredbrickh: Sarah at Little Red Brick House loves DIY, home decor, and design. Follow her for decor projects, renovation, and more.
- @AllDIYGuide: DIY Guide has DIY solutions for everyday home problems. Follow this Twitter account to learn how to do classic home improvement and repair projects.
- @thediyhubby: Follow @thediyhubby for DIY articles, tool reviews, and useful information for DIYers. Learn why you shouldn’t blame your tools, find tips for woodworking at home, and see the latest tool reviews on this Twitter account.
- @jimboslicetools: The Jimbo Slice Workshop features tool reviews, advanced DIY, and home improvement videos.
- @theDIYvillage: Jacque and Matt are DIYing their way through their never ending honey do list. See how they’ve transformed their kids’ bedrooms, do woodworking projects, and master the DIY life.
- @merrypad: Emily is a home improvement enthusiast. She loves to inspire a DIY lifestyle in others, sharing upcycling projects, renovations, and more.
- @ToolboxDivas: The Toolbox Divas empower women one DIY project at a time. Follow them to learn about basic home maintenance and home improvement skills.
- @DoItYourselfcom: doityourself.com is an excellent resource for DIY projects with articles, videos, projects, and questions for home improvement.
- @WorkshopLH: @WorkshopLH is a blog from the Lifehacker team sharing project ideas, tips, and more.
- @davidsheinkopf: David Sheinkopf is a DIY expert, general contractor, and co host of HGTV’s Design on a Dime. Follow him to learn about interesting makers, and his latest projects.
- @uglyducklingDIY: Sarah Fogle is the creator of The Ugly Duckling House blog. She shares ideas for home improvement, DIY, and design.
- @jobehari: Jo Behari is a London based DIY expert, writer, and speaker. She is a columnist on House Beautiful magazine. Follow along as she paints, tests tools, and takes on DIY projects.
- @hooksandlattice: Follow Hooks and Lattice for curb appeal ideas. Get started with your DIY outdoor home improvement project, following the account for ideas on shutters, planters, window boxes, fire pits, and more.
- @JennySteffens: Jenny Steffens Hobick is a home entertaining expert sharing her latest DIY home projects. Find her latest inspiration for everyday occasions and home improvement.
- @aPurdyLittleHouse: Sue Purdy blogs about everyday DIY and decorating on a budget. Follow along as she upcycles thrift store treasures.
Renovation & Repairs
Fixing and improving your home can be a major undertaking. But with the help of these Twitter accounts, you can learn how to do it like an expert. Follow along as these Twitter users improve their homes.
- @ashleylmayes: Follow along as Ashley Mayes renovates her home one step at a time. It’s fun to see the progress as she updates with projects small and large.
- @hellofarmhouse: Follow Hello Farmhouse as she fixes up her 120 year old farmhouse.
- @RowHouseReno: Chris and Gillian have a 19th century row house in Toronto. Follow along as they DIY their home’s renovation.
- @ahome2growoldin: This Massachusetts blogger shares updates and inspiration as she works on her 90 year old home.
- @younghouselove: Follow John and Sherry at Young House Love to learn what they’re working on in their old house.
- @fixitpodcast: The Fix It podcast explains how you can perform DIY home repair projects. Find out about easy to do fixes so you can take care of your home yourself.
- @1House1Couple: Kyle and Lisha flipped their house for profit — and they did it during the recession. Follow along as they DIY and document it all on their blog and Twitter.
- @DesignerTrapped: Tasha is a designer trapped in a lawyer’s body. She loves to DIY as she renovates her outdated home one room at a time.
- @Remodelaholic: Remodelaholic features extensive remodeling. She is admittedly obsessive about ripping out walls and interior design.
- @OurBuild: James Mason is a builder teaching people how to DIY and renovate homes online. See how he uses tools, renovates rooms, and more.
- @SawdustGirl: Sandra Powell is host and creator of Sawdust Girl. She’s on her mission to turn her house into a dream home one project at a time. She’s working on bathroom now, including painting and mudding.
Interested in home automation? These Twitter accounts have the latest in smart home technology with reviews, new products, and more.
- @CNETSmartHome: The CNET Smart Home is a suburban house getting the Cinderella treatment as a smart home testing ground. Follow along as CNET puts smart home features to the test in this house.
- @BRUHautomation: BRUH Automation shares home automation how tos, demos, reviews, and more. Follow this account to learn about home automation, smart homes, and the Internet of things.
- @AutomatingMan: Get insights into smart homes from @AutomatingMan. This tech lover shares smart home news and updates, recommendations, and smart home device testing.
- @DIY_H_A: This blog is dedicated to the smart home experience. Check it out to find features on technology, reviews, and info on home automation.
- @SmartHome_News: With Smart Home News, you can stay up to date on the latest in smart home industry news. Learn about new features in home automation and how you can make your home smarter.
Furniture & Building
Get inspired and build something with these Twitter accounts.
- @BuildBasic: Follow @BuildBasic for easy building plans and tool tutorials. Check out their Twitter account for new projects, DIY inspiration, and customization ideas.
- @hertoolbelt: Her Tool Belt covers designing and building furniture and crafts. Follow along for plans, giveaways, and inspiration.
- @thejenwoodhouse: Jen Woodhouse is author of The House of Wood. On The House of Wood, she shares furniture builds and shows you how to do it yourself.
- @PneumaticAddict: Pneumatic Addict Furniture is a DIY blog with in depth tutorials on furniture building. They also offer tutorials for home improvement, crafts, and other projects.
Publications, Brands & Media
Follow these Twitter accounts to get in depth features and up to date news on everything DIY, home improvement, and renovation.
- @Family_Handyman: Family Handyman magazine features do it yourself projects for home owners. Follow the magazine on Twitter to learn about engaging, practical ways to improve and maintain your home.
- @zabitat_us: Follow Zabitat to get connected with home improvement industry products and information. They’ll help you turn expensive, unmanageable home improvement projects into affordable and easy ones.
- @DIYNetwork: The home improvement how to network, DIY Network is an excellent resource for finding inspiration for your next DIY project.
- @QualifiedRemod: Qualified Remodeler magazine offers insights and resources for home improvement professionals.
- @ProToolReviews: @ProToolReviews features industry news, how to articles, and tool reviews.
- @WoodworkersJrnl: Woodworker’s Journal is America’s woodworking authority. On Twitter, you’ll find woodworker profiles, projects, tools, and more.
- @ToolinAroundTV: Check out the Toolin’ Around Workshop to catch the latest episodes, see interviews, and learn about the latest tools on the market.