One of the largest cities in the United States, Philadelphia is steeped in history and home to 1.5 million residents. This city of cheese steaks and brotherly love is practically hopping with hot new neighborhoods and a growing real estate market.
Philadelphia was recently named one of the top markets in the country for home buyers. With neighborhoods undergoing dramatic transformations and a slew of new “Sold!” signs, Philadelphia is a market on the move. This is great news for home buyers in Philadelphia, but even as a home seller, renter, or investor, there’s one thing everyone in real estate needs: a great Realtor.
We’ve found 15 excellent Philadelphia real estate agents: Realtors who are experienced, qualified, and have raving customer reviews that show a track record of excellence. Many are among real estate leadership in Philadelphia, and may even own their own brokerages or real estate teams. Bottom line, any one of them would make a great choice as an ally in Philadelphia real estate.
Though we’ve listed our favorite Philadelphia real estate agents in no particular order, let’s face it: someone has to be the best — and we want you to tell us who it is! At the end of this article, cast your vote to tell us (and the rest of the world) who you think is the best real estate agent in Philadelphia.
- Allan Domb: Owner of Allan Domb Real Estate, Allan Domb has more than 30 years of experience in independent real estate, and has the honor of being Philadelphia’s largest luxury condominium Realtor. Domb’s real estate company has sold the majority of Center City condominiums, and has been involved in the adaptive reuse of historic buildings into luxury condominiums. Domb is the current president of the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors.
- Barbara Capozzi: Barbara Capozzi is owner of Capozzi Real Estate/Insurance, specializing in insurance, sales, and property management. Capozzi’s areas of specialization are the Packer Park, South, and City Center districts of Philadelphia, particularly in town homes and new developments. She has served as the president of the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors and has volunteered for many years in Packer Park community leadership organizations.
- Charles Kahn, Jr.: A third-generation real estate professional, Charles Kahn, Jr. is the chairman of Kahn & Co. Real Estate. He is active in the real estate community, serving on the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors board of directors, and serving as leadership with a number of community organizations including the YMCA, Police Athletic League, and area churches and hospitals.
- Christopher Artur: A Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Christopher Artur has an extensive knowledge of Philadelphia areas and is an excellent Realtor to help you find your new home — or the right buyer for your existing home. Artur serves on the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors board of directors, and is committed to providing clients with the best results and service in the real estate industry.
- Jonathan Orens: One of three brothers leading Orens Brothers Real Estate, Jonathan Orens has been working in the real estate industry since 1979. He heads the sales division of Orens Brothers, and is recognized for his excellence in real estate. He is on the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors board of directors, and has received several awards and city council citations for his activities.
- William Festa: With more than 30 years of experience as a Realtor in Philadelphia, William Festa is an influential real estate professional in the city. Festa has served on the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors as a past president, and is a current board member. Others say he offers his clients the highest quality of service and integrity, and is always cordial and professional.
- Robin Kemmerer: Robin Kemmerer brings more than 30 years of experience to every real estate transaction, and is the owner of Robin Kemmerer Associates. She is always excited to help people meet their real estate needs — and promises to do what’s in her clients’ best interest. Clients say she sells homes in record time, and is knowledgeable, patient, and honest.
- Brooke Willmes: It’s Brooke Willmes’ goal to make it easy to buy or sell a home in Philadelphia. With a background practicing law, Willmes has a good understanding of contract law and the legalities of real estate. Willmes’ clients say she has an amazing knowledge of real estate, is extremely responsive, and is willing to negotiate hard to make her clients happy.
- Philip Moore: Co founder of Moore & Ryan, Philip Moore has exceptional experience in both real estate and finance. He has a background in real estate services, and has specialized in residential mortgages since 2003. Moore is a licensed loan originator and Realtor, and has the knowledge needed to make practically any residential real estate transaction go smoothly. His clients say that his knowledge of the real estate process is impressive, and really stands out as a consumer advocate and expert negotiator.
- Jon Christopher: Owner of Christopher Real Estate Services, Jon Christopher has a background in construction, maintenance, and management, as well as home flipping and real estate investing. With excellent hands-on real estate experience, clients count on him to offer recommendations for repairs and modifications, and well as qualified real estate advice and services.
- Jared Gruber: Jared Gruber is broker of record and managing partner of JG Real Estate. He has a strong track record of excellence in real estate, and has been recognized as a top agent for volume and commission income. Gruber is considered one of Philadelphia’s elite brokers, due in large part to his outstanding motivation to close real estate deals. His clients say that he is professional, dedicated, and always comes through for them.
- Deborah Solo: Following in the family tradition, Deborah Solo is the owner of Solo Real Estate. With a background in architecture, historic preservation, and as a native resident of Philadelphia, Solo has an impressive understanding of the city’s neighborhoods and history. Solo’s clients are happy to recommend her, and often come back years down the road to buy or sell with her once again. They say that she has excellent integrity, and is refreshingly straightforward, with negotiation skills, patience, and knowledge that really make her stand out.
- Richard Astrella: Richard Astrella serves as the president and broker of record for the Star Real Estate Group. He has been in the real estate business for more than 20 years, with experience in both residential and commercial markets. Astrella makes himself available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for his clients, who appreciate his ability to provide outstanding real estate service, find the perfect property, and offer excellent negotiation and guidance throughout the buying and selling process.
- Jordan Brody: Jordan Brody specializes in investment real estate, and as a real estate investor himself, he understands exactly what his clients need. Clients love how well he can evaluate investment profitability, and say that his knowledge and experience are top notch.
- Diallo Souleymane: Owner of Diallo Real Estate, Diallo Souleymane has more than 10 years of experience in real estate. He’s a resident of Pennsylvania, and is very familiar with the area market — and its many quirks. Souleymane’s clients say he is one of the best Realtors in the state, whether you’re buying, selling, or renting, and that he is a pleasure to work with.